- The End of the Financial World as We Know It
- How to Repair a Broken Financial World
- The Spread of the Credit Crisis: View from a Stock Correlation Network
- Who is Going to Bail Out the FED?
- As Funds Leverage Up, Fears of Reckoning Rise
- Don't buy Wall Street's latest con
Here are 15 reminders of how happy talk misled us a decade ago
- Timothy Geithner in 2007
Timothy Geithner, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, said in an interview that the torrent of money flowing into hedge funds has coincided with a troubling erosion in lending practices.
Mr. Geithner, who has been deeply involved in the effort, said in the interview that regulators want to make sure that major U.S. banks and brokerage firms "can comfortably manage" a shock to the system, such as a big hedge-fund failure.
TrackBack URL: http://www.iwebthereforeiam.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1466